Mom on the Go

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cranberry sauce

Having been raised on the canned cranberry jelly I never really knew about cranberry sauce and what it's supposed to taste like.  After making it once I was hooked and now I make it every year.  This year we had a problem.  I put everything in the crock-pot then we all left the house and when we got back we found this lovely disaster.  I briefly considered picking out all the glass and using the sauce anyway, but then decided that it would not be fun for anyone to chew on glass.  I really did not want to go back out to the store to get more cranberries, so I made Ben do it.  The second time around (luckily I had another small crock-pot) everything was fine and it was yummy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So did you figure out what caused it? How does it taste compared to the canned stuff? That's all I've ever tasted too.

Mom on the Go said...

I think it just was too hot for too long. Funny thing to happen to a crock pot though- isn't that the whole point? I love it!