Mom on the Go

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shoes, persimmons, spoiled and baby sitting

 Sophia is still obsessed with shoes and loves putting them on her own feet and others.  Ben often lets her "help" him put on his shoes in the morning if she's awake.  Sometimes she tries to put her shoes on others.  The shoes obviously don't fit, so she just sits down and puts them on her own feet.
 I had persimmons in California years ago and fell in love!  Living in Utah and now in Idaho I don't have access to them and will not pay $1 each in the store.  I recently starting getting a Bountiful Basket and one week they had a case of persimmons I could buy.  I ate three as soon as I picked them up.  I brought them home and started drying them- so yummy!  I knew I should have bought two cases.
 I now understand all about this youngest child thing.  Sophia is SPOILED as you can see.  We went shopping at Sam's Club and got dessert when we were done.  The kids shared an ice cream and I got a churro.  Sophia had to have some of both and usually ends up taking over, because she has to hold it and do it all by herself.  The kids have been trained to give her whatever she wants and I often do the same.  She has started yelling "away" to the kids when they won't leave her alone and the other day I heard her yell it to a little boy about her age when she wanted the toy he had........ what am I going to do?
For our anniversary this year Ben and I went out to eat at Olive Garden then to a movie.  I really wanted to see Inception, but the only time it was playing was 9:15, so we wouldn't be back until almost midnight.  We left Sara at home to babysit with a set of rules and a timeline to follow.  Thank goodness for cell phones!  We called and checked on the kids a few times to make sure Sara was being nice to Brandon and Sophia was happy.  When we got home to check on the kids this is what we found.  In the morning we asked Sara what had happened and how she got Sophia to sleep in her bed.  She said she couldn't get Sophia to sleep, because every time she would put her down she would just keep talking and not go to sleep.  I told her that this was normal and she just needed to leave her alone and she would fall asleep eventually.  Sara did really well and I now feel more confident about letting her babysit in the future.  *sniff*  I can't believe she's old enough to babysit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Grandchildren are the best. How did I get such amazing children-in-law?