Mom on the Go

Monday, January 30, 2012

Skating


Ben planned a fun family activity Saturday night and we went roller skating.  The session was from 7:00-9:45.  We drove separately so I could take Sophie home early and put her to bed.  Sophie did not want to put the skates on and did not want to stand up in them.


We took the skates off and she just ran around and "played" the games.  She didn't eat much dinner, so Ben bought her a pretzel to eat while the rest of us skated.





After a little while Sophie wanted to go out on the rink.  I told her she couldn't go out unless she had roller skates on.  She said, "okay, roller skates on."  We went back to the counter and got her skates back and put them on for her.  She loved it! She skated between Ben and I holding our hands, but her favorite was skating in front of one of us holding our hands.  Ben and I had to take turns since it was so hard on our backs bending over like that.




Sophie even got out there on her own and loved walking in her skates.  Such a fun night!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this idea, looks like fun! Go Ben!

Lara Zierke said...

Ah, the Starlight Skating rink. I have been going there (and wearing those same brown and orange skates) since I was at least in 2nd grade! It had never crossed my mind that Joci might be old enough to try skating. That could be fun. Looks like you had a blast.