Mom on the Go

Monday, November 21, 2011

Nativity set


I have been wanting a Nativity set for a few years, but never found one that I love.  My friends mom makes them, but she only fires them in the Spring and I always forget to call her.  I mean who is thinking of buying a nativity set in May?  Anyway, I saw my friend and her mom at a craft fair recently and mentioned again that I really wanted one.  She called me a few days later and she had found a set that was almost done- it only needed a couple more times in the kiln.  Of course I bought it and  I was so excited when she dropped it off a few days ago, so I had to set it up and take pictures.


The three wise men.


The holy family.


All the animals.  Three camels, a donkey and a cow.


Two shepherds.

I'm in love and it makes me so happy every time I look at it!

2 comments:

The Porters said...

That is beautiful! I love me a good nativity. They sure are hard to find!!

Crissy said...

It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you!!