Mom on the Go

Monday, August 16, 2010

School supplies and the new mechanic

You are looking at $140 worth of school supplies.  Even when notebooks are only .10 cents and markers are only .25 cents it adds up quick.  I'm glad we're done having kids because I don't know how I could afford to send any more to school.
The check engine light came on in the van and stayed on for about a week-  I went to Auto Zone and they checked it for free. Ben looked up the code online and figured he could fix it himself to save some money.  First he took the part out of the van and cleaned it to see if that would fix the problem.  When he was putting the part back in one of the bolts broke, but he got another one, so it was all good.  When I was driving around the next day the check engine light came back on, so Ben decided to get a new part and just replace it.  He called all over town and finally found a place that had the part, so he went over and picked it up.  He got the new part put in and everything is working fine.  I am so proud of my new mechanic!

No comments: