Mom on the Go

Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby food

As if I don't have enough to do I decided to make Sophia's baby food. I only do the vegetables and still buy the fruits because they are a lot harder to do. On the far left is carrots with a little brown sugar. The green one is broccoli with cooked pasta and parmesan cheese, and on the right is sweet potatoes with oatmeal and a little cinnamon. The sweet potatoes I will buy fresh, but usually for lack of time I buy frozen carrots and broccoli which is almost as good. There isn't a whole lot of fruit I can buy frozen that doesn't have seeds and it takes quite a bit of time to peel and seed the fresh fruit. I usually make a big batch once a week or once every other week and freeze most of it, so it's not too much work. Sophia loves it and I enjoy trying different combinations. Next I am going to try sweet potatoes with a little peeled and cooked apple. I just use my blender and it works great!

2 comments:

Karen and Scott said...

That is impressive! I still can't get Kaleb to eat any baby food. He almost has 4 teeth already too! I think he's just waiting for the real stuff!

Devin and Brittney Wood Family said...

what a good idea!! it not only saves money, but it tastes better and is way healthier than the store bought stuff!! way to go!