Mom on the Go

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Utah in June (again) continued.....

While Ben was back in Idaho working the kids and I had a great time and had a lot of fun adventures.  On Tuesday Grandma Esau took Sara and Brandon for the day and went to the movies among other fun things.  Sophia and I met up with them for dinner at this fun park.

The kids and I went to The Living Planet Aquarium one day.  Sophia was scared of this frog at first, but ended up giving him a kiss.  She liked seeing all the fish and the penguins. 

Brandon really liked the stingrays and he wanted to feed them instead of getting a souvenir.

Another day we went to Hogle Zoo with my sister-in-law Nicole and her two kids, my other sister-in-law Kim and her five kids and Grandma Esau.


Sara and Olivia

Olivia splashing in the water

Grandma Esau with her grandkids at the end of the day



Sara and I went to a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law Crissy and got glitter toes!  Love it!

Finally the day of my brother Owen's wedding was here!  Here is my sister Rachel watching Owen's kids Jessica and Mitchell before the wedding.

The wedding started about an hour late, so we had to entertain the kids by taking walks, jumping, playing games, and looking at all the plants.

Of course snacks and treats worked too.

Crissy asked Sara to hold the train of her dress while she walked down the aisle and Sara was so excited to be part of the wedding.

The happy couple......

I mean the happy couple with the best man and maid-of-honor.

After the wedding at the luncheon Eugene the happy clown made an appearance to give the couple some marriage advice.  Wow, he looks a lot like my brother- what a coincidence :)

Here is the cake I created.  Of course the heat/air conditioning messed with the icing a bit, but I think it turned out beautiful!  
Ben had to drive home that night, since he had a training in Boise, so Nicole and I left the reception early and took the kids to see Cars 2.  Such a cute movie!


We had such a great time, but we were worn out!  It took me a couple of days to recover from the "vacation" to Utah and catch up on all the laundry and housework.



3 comments:

Katie said...

What park was that? If you ever have a free moment while you're down here, give me a call and we can go do something!

Mom on the Go said...

It was Draper Historic Park. No equipment for the kids to play on though :(

Crissy said...

I LOVE it!!! What a whirlwind of a day. Can you please send me more pictures? I saw Ben taking a bunch of shots that I loved and want to see. I'm not sure what my photographer got so anything you wanna send me, I appreciate alot.
FYI, the cake was unbelievably amazing!!! I got so many comments. It was gorgeous and yummy at the same time!! Thank you sooo much!! I will never forget it!