Mom on the Go

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween fun

Here are some halloween pictures. We had a lot of fun and thankfully it wasn't too cold. Since it was month end Ben had to work and he got stuck with the 3pm to midnight shift, so I got to take the kids to the trunk-or-treat by myself. It was still light outside so we got some good pictures. Sophia was a black cat and she stayed pretty warm.

Brandon was a storm trooper and even though he was kind of sick he didn't want to stay home.
Sara was a 50's girl and her costume turned out so cute! Thanks Nicole for lending us the skirt! After the trunk-or-treat we got some quick dinner and then Sara wanted to go trick-or-treating with a friend of hers. Brandon wanted to go too, but he still had a bad cough so I told him he should stay home and I would just buy him some candy.
He still really wanted to go, so since Sara had Ben's cell phone I told him to call me whenever he wanted to come home and I would come and get him. Sara's friend picked her up at our house with her older sister and a couple of her sister's friends. They were gone for about 2 hours before Sara calls to tell me that Brandon wants to come home. I went to get him, but Sara wanted to keep going. About an hour later she called and told me she was at her friends house having hot chocolate and they would drive her home when they were done. I was impressed at how often she called me and I had a great Halloween because I got to stay home in my warm house.

1 comment:

Lara Zierke said...

That sounds so fun. I miss the days of trick-or-treating for hours and hours and only coming in when your fingers were about to fall of from frostbite. I'm kind of sad that trunk-or-treats replace that for a lot of people. I can't imagine how my parents could stand it before the days of cell phones - no knowing where we are for hours on end. Glad they went out and had a good time and I'm happy you stayed home, warm, and comfy!