Mom on the Go

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Camo belt!

Brandon really likes doing martial arts and recently tested for and earned his camo belt.


He has gone as far as he can go at the beginner level, so I signed him up for black belt training.  He gets to train with weapons, and continue until he gets his black belt.  I never thought I would let my kids do martial arts, but it has been amazing!  It teaches control and discipline as well as respect which I think most kids of this generation lack.  I highly recommend finding a good studio in your area.  Most of them will let you try it out first so you can tell if your child will like it and if you like the instructors and how they teach.  Southwick Academy is close to home and the instructors genuinely love working with kids and helping them grow!

1 comment:

DocMisty said...

Congrats Brandon! That's awesome that you're enjoying martial arts and getting so good at it. Maybe I won't be the only black belt in the family some day - Yay!

Aunt Misty