Mom on the Go

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Random August Fun 2011


One night Sara and Brandon got some socks on and were sliding on the floor.  Sophia had to join in, but couldn't do it by herself.  Daddy got to run back and forth with her so she could slide like the big kids.


At night when Sara and Brandon were supposed to be brushing their teeth they would wander around the house, so we told them that they could not cross the line at the end of the bannister.  Sophie now stands in her spot every night to brush her teeth.


Brandon got to help me make dinner one night to pass off something for Scouts.  He wasn't too excited when I told him he would be making meatballs.


Sara learned how to mow the lawn.


Ben's sister Misty and her family from Michigan stayed with us for a couple of days.


Cute curls I did on Sophie one day when I had some extra time.


Ben taught Brandon how to solve a Rubix Cube.


Sophie playing her Leapster while the big kids are in school.


We got a juicer and have been drinking lots of fresh juice.  YUM!!


Brandon earned his Wolf!


Sophie playing dress-up with Sara.  We had such a fun summer, but I am ready for the routine that school days bring.

4 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

How nice that you have a child that can help with lawn mowing. Someday...

I curled Joci's hair Friday for family pictures. It looked a lot like Sophie's in that picture - so CUTE! Joci's fell out after 15 minutes even though I used lots of gel and hairspray. I hope Sophie's is more cooperative.

Mom on the Go said...

Older kids do come with their own drawbacks, but LOTS of good things too. The kids do the dishes too- LOVE IT!!
I do use a lot of hairspray, but after her nap it is all ruined :( Can't wait to see pictures!

DocMisty said...

Nice juicer! :-)

You'll have to tell me some of your favorite combos. I need some more ideas.

We had a great time visiting!

Misty

Rachel said...

I can't believe Sara is old enough to mow the lawn, and Brandon is cooking!! Where did the time go?? Love the pics and kiddos, wish you lived closer !! :(