Mom on the Go

Monday, January 31, 2011

Stomachache

I really hate it when my kids have an upset stomach- especially Sara.  Ever since she was little she has been telling us her stomach hurts.  Sometimes worse than other times, but it usually always hurts.  When she was little we tried taking her off dairy and she even had her "special" milk for years, but nothing changed.   I have taken her to the doctor countless times and they pretty much tell me there is nothing they can do. 

We have tried prevacid for reflux- no change.  


We had blood tests done for celiac disease about a year ago- negative.  


A few months ago she had an x-ray and nothing was out of the ordinary.  


Finally today I took her in yet again because her stomach has been hurting really bad over the weekend.  Of course there is nothing the doctor can do for her, but he did send a referral down to Primary Children's in Salt Lake to the G.I. department.  The soonest we can get an appointment is Tuesday March 15th.  If she needs a scope or colonoscopy we have to schedule another appointment.  I'm done with this and I'm pretty sure she is too.  While I'm not happy about having to drive all the way to Salt Lake (probably twice) I am very excited to hopefully find out once and for all if there is anything wrong.  Good times!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Awww poor Sara!! If you need any help with Sophia just let me know ... I'll be out of school until April and I am more then willing to help take care of her. Good Luck!!