Mom on the Go

Friday, October 1, 2010

Brandon baptism

 Brandon is 8!  We had a party for him with his friends on his birthday and I made a small cake for that, but I knew I wanted to do this cake for his baptism when all our family and friends were with us.  If you can't tell, it's supposed to be an x-box 360.  The fondant worked beautifully, I still need to work on my corners though.
 Ben and I got Brandon the new Halo game for the x-box, but for his baptism I also got him a real tie and Ben taught him how to tie it.  He can do it all by himself now and loves to practice.

 The baptism was awesome and Ben did a great job!
 This is the only picture I have of everyone there and all of them except Grandma Walker, Kathy and our good friend Windy and her two boys stayed at my house Friday night!

 I really like this picture of Brandon.  He just seems so calm, and the look is totally him.
 One of Brandon's requests was to play the donut game.  The kids were supposed to eat the donut off the string without using their hands and the first one to finish wins.  I think Brandon won with Chandler and Sara close behind.

 Sophia must not have heard me when I said no hands :)
 Kaitlyn had a lot of fun and probably ate 5-6 donuts.  I have no idea where she put them!
Brandon got some fun things for his birthday/ baptism but his favorite was the set of scriptures with his name on them and the nice case.  Every night Ben or I read to the kids before bed and every night now Brandon wants us to read out of his scriptures.  We had a fun time, but it was tiring entertaining all those people at once!  I felt like I didn't really have time to sit and visit with anyone.  I like it much better when just one or two people visit, it's much less stressful!

1 comment:

Lara Zierke said...

I feel the same way about big family get togethers. My in-laws and my family don't get why I don't like to come home for the holidays. I would rather come on some calm weekend when nothing else is going on because you get a much more quality visit.