Mom on the Go

Friday, May 21, 2010

Yankee Doodle

Brandon has been learning about the American Revolution in school and each person in his class was assigned to dress up as someone important to that time.  All the parents were invited to the school for the presentation.  Brandon got to be Yankee Doodle.  His teacher sent out an email Monday afternoon reminding the parents about the event on Wednesday and unfortunately this was the first I had heard of it.  I casually asked Brandon about it and he says "Oh yeah!  I need a costume so I can dress up as Yankee Doodle."  Monday was a busy night, so I really only had one day to come up with something.  Luckily he had a pair of dress pants that were too short, so I cut them off to make the knickers.  I had to go to every thrift store in town to find the vest and he already had the white dress shirt and shoes.  I had the knee high socks in my sewing room because I was going to make baby legs for Sophia.  It all came together in the end, but it was a stressful day for me.  I really don't like being surprised like that.

No comments: