Mom on the Go

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sara's 10th birthday cake

I am so excited about this cake!  It turned out so well and it was fun to make.  I made marshmallow fondant this time and LOVED it!  Usually when I work with fondant it cracks and looks really bad, but today it was my friend and worked beautifully with no cracking.  I did have a couple of tears, but that was only where it stuck to the countertop and tore when I picked it up.  Sara and I looked at pictures online and found a couple of cakes that she liked.  She picked the colors she wanted and it turned out so cute!

Of course she wanted it to sparkle, so I dusted it with edible sparkle dust.  As I was done and stepped back to look I thought it would look much cuter with the bottom stripes going the other way, but I still liked it and she did too.

1 comment:

Devin and Brittney Wood Family said...

Way to go!! What a huge feat, they don't look easy. You get best mom of the month award for sure!!