Mom on the Go

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Nutcracker

I decided to have a girl's weekend in Salt Lake with Sara. I LOVE the Festival of Trees there, so we had to go. I almost cried when we walked in. I love the atmosphere and the Christmas spirit I feel there. I love looking at all the trees, wreaths and gingerbread masterpieces. A lot of the trees are made to honor people who have died, so it's kind of sad to see the pictures; especially if they are kids and babies.

After the Festival I surprised Sara with tickets to see Ballet West perform the Nutcracker at the Capitol Theatre. It was so awesome! It's so different to see professional dancers as opposed to the local dance school here in Idaho Falls. She loved it and loved the theatre- it is beautiful!
I did not want to drive home late at night, so I had booked a hotel room at the Shilo Inn. Sara loves jumping on the beds in hotels and riding the elevator. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the morning then got on the road to head home! Overall a wonderful weekend. I love having a daughter who enjoys doing stuff like this with me- when Sophie gets a little bigger I'll have two!

No comments: