Mom on the Go

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Goodbye cat!

We had our cat Sadie for about three years and though she came with some very bad habits like chewing on blankets and stuffed animals I was able to deal with it. After we brought Sophia home she started going to the bathroom downstairs in three specific locations. Each day I was cleaning up her messes and hating more and more. Ben and I finally talked about it and decided we would take her to a shelter and be okay with it, because of the stress it would save me from cleaning up messes, keeping all the doors closed and everything fabric put away.

I was going to do it during the day when the kids were in school, but Sara asked that I wait so she could come too. After school the kids played with her (which is rare) and gave her treats, then we loaded her in her cage and drove to the shelter. $22 later we no longer have a cat and the kids are already hoping for a dog. No- we are not getting a dog anytime soon- I told them MAYBE when Sophie is potty-trained.

No comments: