Mom on the Go

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bear Lake 2011

We had so much fun at Bear Lake this year!  We stayed at the KOA again which I love because there is shade and grass and lots of fun things to do there.  We got to borrow our awesome neighbor's pop-up trailer and when we were done setting it up Ben and Sophie spent some time relaxing.

It's always hard camping with little kids who are crawling, but not yet walking.  This is my adorable niece Olivia playing while her mommy and daddy were setting up their tent.  

The kids loved playing in the trailer and one of Sophia's favorite things to do now is have a tea party.  This is Sara, Sophia, Jessica and Mitchell having a tea party with juice and pickles.

Olivia eating sand.  Love it!

My nephew Chandler got to stay with us and Brandon really liked having someone closer to his age to play with.  It was an overcast day, so we all put sunscreen on in the morning and didn't have to worry about it again.  These boys only got out of the water to eat, so their faces were a little red at the end of the day.  Oops!


  Grandma Esau, Sophia, my brother Aaron, Tristan and Sara playing in the sand and building sand castles.

Here is what the parents do- sit under the shade and watch the kids play.  From left to right: my brother Owen, Ben, my brother Dennis and my brother-in-law Matt.



Ben and Matt holding their babies.  We usually stay at the beach all day, so when the kids get too cranky we try and get them to take a nap.

The mommies visiting and watching the kids play.  From left to right: my sister-in-law Nicole, my sister-in-law Crissy and my sister Rachel.

My younger brother Owen showing off his arrow while drinking a capri sun.  So manly!

We always rent banana bikes for the kids.  They love riding around the campsite!

Brandon and Chandler in the pool.  If they couldn't be in the lake they were in the pool.

More fun at the KOA.

Ben and Aaron playing horse shoes.

Sophia loved the playground.

I don't know why, but she thought this little house belonged to Benny the Bull from Dora the Explorer.  We had to look for him in his house, but unfortunately he was never there.

We have to get our yummy snow cones on the last day.

This year after we left the KOA on Sunday we drove around to the East side of the lake to have lunch and play in the water again.  I couldn't believe how high the water was this year.  It hasn't been that high since I was a teenager.

We are all very tired by the end of our little vacation and I envy the kids because they can just crash anywhere.  Sophie slept like this for about 30 minutes while we let the kids play in the water and stayed asleep for 2 hours after we put her in the van.

Until next year Bear Lake!

4 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I wish Joci would nap in my arms like that. She hasn't done that since she was an infant. That's funny about your brother's arrow. My brother has the batman symbol!

Mom on the Go said...

I totally need to see a picture of that one!

Katie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I have actually never been to Bear Lake. Maybe we'll have to take the family one of these days! I can't believe how old Sara is now! And I loved the Benny the Bull thing...can totally see Tessa doing that too.

Mom on the Go said...

It is totally fun, but the water is really high this year. It's only about 2 1/2 hours through Evanston for you guys. You should put it on your things to do list.