Mom on the Go

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yummy frosting and a new cake


 I recently found this new recipe for buttercream frosting that I am in love with!  I seriously had to convince myself that there was no way I could possibly fit inside the bowl and eat my way out.  Go here for the recipe: www.wilton.com/recipe/Chocolate-Buttercream-Icing.

 I made this cake for our friends birthday.  I got the call Thursday night and the party was on Saturday, so I didn't have a lot of time to do anything fancy.  I just bought real poker chips and stuck them on.  It might have been fun to make them out of fondant if I had more time.  I really enjoy making cakes- especially small ones so I can practice my writing and borders.  I am getting better with each cake I do and I am still surprised when people pay me!

No comments: